Spinning the globe was a tradition that my dad and I used to do when I lived at home. I would look forward to every Sunday because we got to spin the globe and test out a new recipe while learning about so many different countries! It also provided a way for us to learn about the world and all the amazing cultures. This definitely brought excitement to cooking and it gave us something to do together. That’s why I want to share it with you. In our day and age, we are all about productivity and “doing it for the ____” but forget that there are so many people around us itching for friendship. So, grab a friend, dive in, and let’s get started!
Now there are only a few rules to this challenge:
1. Find a globe OR a wall map.
2. Gather friends or family for the fun.
3. Spin the globe, close your eyes and place your finger on the globe. OR if you have a wall map, YOU spin around and put your finger on the map!
4. When the globe stops spinning, see what country you landed on and look up a recipe!
5. Take pics and use the hashtag #spintheglobechallenge on social media, tag your friends and tag us @globallynoted
For recipe inspiration, click here!
While you are cooking, look up some facts about the country, pray for them and maybe even listen to some of their music!